FIXES FOR A FASTER SALE
Want to help your sellers? Here are 10 quick fixes that make a house
more likely to be snagged up by buyers, according to home stager Lori
Matzke, founder and president of Centerstagehome.com in Minneapolis:
1. Paint the trim, columns, front door, and the light fixture.
2. Replace the storm door with a full-view one.
3. Clean all the window screens.
4. Add new mulch and a potted plant by the front door.
5. Remove mirrors from over the fireplace so buyers focus on the fireplace.
6. Move furniture 1 1/2 to 2 feet away from the walls to create the illusion of more space.
7. Get rid of any movable storage pieces in the kitchen and take all the clutter off the refrigerator.
8. Clean and regrout the bathroom floor tile.
9. Replace dated bathroom vanities with trendy (and economical) pedestal sinks.
10. Put colorful bedding and matching window treatments in all the bedrooms.
Source: Star-Tribune, Aimee Blanchette (01/27/07)
© Copyright 2007 INFORMATION, INC. Bethesda, MD
Post a Comment